Latest vintage available online via Port2Port.
- Soil Table Mountain Sandstone-derived soil
- Alcohol 12.83%
- Acid 6.90 g/l
- pH 3.47
- Residual Sugar 1.70 g/l
- Fermentation & Maturation Sauvignon blanc – fermented in Terracotta Amphorae and Ceramic Egg for 6 months.
- Semillon – fermented in Nomblot Egg and neutral oak barrels for 6 months.
- Chardonnay – fermented in Terracotta Amphorae and neutral oak barrels for 6 months.
- Yield 21.10 hl/ha, 3.4 t/ha
- Production 563 cases
- Blend Composition Sauvignon blanc 67%, Chardonnay 22%, Semillon 11%
- Fruit Origin Hemel-en-Aarde Valley 100%
- Vegan Friendly
- Release Date September 2023
Despite slightly later bud-break for Sauvignon blanc, ripening was just over one week earlier in 2023. Later ripening sites were at risk from significant late February and March rains, but careful in-vineyard selection enabled us to bring only the best grapes to the cellar. At 24.18 centigrade for the average maximum temperatures for the 4 “hottest” months (Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar) building up to and during harvest, 2023 was one of our coolest years on record. Burgundy for the equivalent period has an average of 24.66 Centigrade. For those lucky enough to harvest before the substantial late season rains 2023 produced vibrant energetic wines with wonderful natural acidity.