Latest vintage available online via Port2Port.
- Soil Table Mountain Sandstone-derived soil
- Alcohol 13.30%
- Acid 6.70 g/l
- pH 3.27
- Residual Sugar 1.90 g/l
- Fermentation & Maturation Sauvignon blanc – fermented in Terracotta Amphorae, Nombot Egg and Ceramic Egg for 5 months.
- Semillon in neutral oak barrels for 5 months.
- Chardonnay in Terracotta Amphorae and neutral oak barrels for 5 months.
- Yield 17.50 hl/ha, 2.7 t/ha
- Production 557 cases
- Blend Composition Sauvignon blanc 51%, Semillon 25%, Chardonnay 24%
- Fruit Origin Hemel-en-Aarde Valley 100%
- Vegan Friendly
- Release Date June 2022
2022 was around 10 days later than usual for Sauvignon blanc and our average of the maximum temperatures for the 4 crucial months leading up to and during harvest was 25.18 centigrade, higher than our long-term average of 24.63 centigrade and higher than 2021. While ripening was slow and extended, harvest was fortunately complete before the first rains in early March. Winter was our wettest in 24 years and was followed by a slightly wetter than average bud break to veraison period, but with an unusually (and usefully) dry September facilitating healthy, even budding. Apart from cold, wet, early season clay soils inhibiting shoot growth, and a few heat spikes creating the potential for sunburn, the vintage proceeded smoothly and delivered beautiful, generous, textured wines.
Neal Martin, Vinous, September 2022
This has a lovely, pure bouquet with quince, orange pith and light nectarine aromas. The palate is well balanced with fine acidity, taut and fresh with orange rind and lemon zest towards the persistent finish. This is very promising.